Pages

Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunbeam Sunday and a Challenge

The Simple Sunday challenge at Getting Cricky last Sunday was I'll Sing You A Song. I have been thinking about what I could do, Then I came across this stamp with the lyrics from As Sisters in Zion. This is one of my favourite hymns and it sums up how I feel about being a member of Relief Society (the organisation in our church for the women)
The words of the hymn are:

As sisters, in Zion, we'll all work together;
The blessings of God on our labours we'll seek.
We'll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;
We'll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human, 
To cheer and to bless in humanity's name.

How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit's divinest tuition 
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.

I love the message of this hymn, and it gives me something to work towards, to be help those around me.

I used Winter Wonderland to cut out the circle and the scalloped circle. The stamp is Sunbeam Stamps, and the paper is My Mind's Eye, and a few odd buttons, and ribbon. The circle dangles, it is not stuck down.

Thanks for visiting. 

5 comments:

  1. love! it is also one of my favorite hymns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card - and how perfect to find that stamp! I've not heard that hymn before, so thank you for posting the words. It's beautiful and very encouraging for your mission work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card ! great words.
    Thanks for commenting my blog !
    Have a great Monday ;-)
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute, you did a great job.
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Kathy Getting Cricky Design Team member
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Evanna,
    you made me tear up! I love this hymn--absolutely beautiful and so very true!
    Your card is beautiful.
    Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!
    www.gettingcricky.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!